Friday 7 September 2012

My First Copic Colored Images

So I thought it'd be for another couple of days until I post another blog but since I've got some free time before I head out today, I thought I'd go ahead.

I purchased some new copic markers recently and thought I'd give it a go for the second time. My first attempt with copic markers was a big fail. I thought I wasn't meant to copic color at all as I was coloring out of the lines, I wasn't shading properly and that I also thought my hand was just too heavy for copic markers. After watching a lot of copic coloring tutorial on YouTube, I finally braved it and gave copic markers a second chance. So with much more patience and tries, this time.. I somehow I achieved what I say, an "okay" copic coloring and shading with my first two images.

Here they are:


For my first card, I used the Hula Marci stamp image from the La la land Crafts
I also used the Seaside collection by Kaisercraft, Cheery Lynn's Elegant Flourish die, a burlap trim and several S10 flowers to line up the bottom along with some raffia to make the frame card look like a stage. Oh, I made this card into a frame card and there are several different kinds of tutorial out there on how to make it. 
 
side view

 
inside of the card: I punched the edges of the patterned paper in the bottom of the card with my Martha Stewart flourish lace punch around the page
 
 
For my 2nd card, I made a shadowbox card (There are also several tutorials out there on how to make this type of card). I used Birthday Marci stamp image by La la land Crafts and as you can probably see, my copic shading has improved somewhat better here but I need a lot more practice. I also used Prima's Tea Thyme paper collection, some trims from my stash, my spellbinders die to create the frame and matting for my image and of course a few I am Roses flowers and butterflies.

 
back view: I adhered a note card from the same collection by Prima where I will put my message on

side view
 
 
I hope you like these two cards with my first copic colored images. I will definitely be playing more with my copic markers. You can also watch my video on these two cards here.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG Joanne I just totally love your card. Thank you God Bless your talent :) Hope u have a great 2013.

    ReplyDelete